The Krämerhaus

The Krämerhaus at the Kramplatz

The Krämerhaus at the Kramplatz

On the Kramplatz Square
One of the oldest houses in Naters (1508) stands on the small Kramplatz Square in the Judengasse Alley. It is well-proportioned, and until the end of the 19th century, transactions were being made through the store window, which originally was framed with tuff stone. For this reason it was called “Krämerhaus am Kramplatz”. Later, the store was moved into the house opposite. The notch in the vertical stone slab on the opposite side of the street served as a pivot axis during the weighing of hay as a means of payment. 

Export PDF