The Naters Vicarage

The Naters Vicarage

The Naters Vicarage

The vicarage, in terms of architectural history, is considered one of the most interesting residential buildings in Naters. The oldest part is the tower house on the eastern side from the 12th century. On its western side, a wooden house was attached in 1461 and 1661, which later was covered in stone walls. This way, the construction received a strangely ambivalent character, which was highlighted  even more during the renovation under the supervision of the federal heritage protection association in 1974/75. Today, the rustic eastern side is still in contrast to the finely plastered west side.

Export PDF