The dilapidated chapel, first mentioned in a document in 1759, was replaced in 1953/54 in countless hours of hard labour by today's chapel with its massive quarry stone exposed brickwork.
The chapel sits enthroned on a rocky ridge, with the choir facing west onto an imposing panorama with the Mischabel, Matterhorn and Weisshorn. The chapel of Our Lady of the Snows houses a beautiful altar, which alone is worth a walk to the nettle. The chapel festival is held on the first Sunday in August.
It can be reached from both Belalp and Birgisch.