MARIA IM GSTEIN PILGRIMAGE CHAPEL
- Photos & Map
How would you like to arrive?
- Call
- Website
- Description
- Good to know
- Nearby
The chapel is hidden under a mighty, flat projecting boulder. An eight-metre-high wooden cross on the boulder draws attention to the Chapel of Grace. It commemorates an apparition of Our Lady in 1857. This event attracted pilgrims incessantly, so that a first chapel was built in 1885-87. In 1983/1984, the old chapel was demolished and a new grotto chapel was built. The rock on which the alleged apparition was seen now forms the protective roof.
The chapel can be reached from Mund via the hamlet of Warbflie, but can also be reached from the valley communities of Lalden or Brigerbad.
The chapel can be reached from Mund via the hamlet of Warbflie, but can also be reached from the valley communities of Lalden or Brigerbad.
Good to know
Suitability
For individual guests
Groups
School classes
Families
Adults
Senior citizens
Payment methods
- Free admission
Contact person
Pfarrei St. Mauritius Naters
Judengasse 443904 NatersLicense (master data)
Blatten-Belalp Tourismus AG




