An eventful (building) history
The cloister leads to the richly gilded main altar (1667) with a beautiful depiction of the Last Supper by Hans Studer. The Gothic spire is attributed to Ulrich Ruffiner.
The side altars form an impressive front to the end of the chancel and the beginning of the nave. The baroque crucifix altar (1683) on the inside right is by an Italian sculptor, while the Sebastian altar opposite was carved by Johann Ritz from Selkingen. The Trinity altar on the outside left, as well as the Rosary altar on the outside right, were changed during the restoration.
A magnificent pulpit rises in front of the left side altars. Since the new liturgy, it is more of a museum object, since the Word of God is proclaimed from the altar. On the gallery stands the mighty church organ. Under the hands and feet of an expert, the acoustic church is filled with music that forms a sublime whole with architecture, painting and sculpture.
The church spire by architect Ulrich Ruffiner
The Gothic church spire is attributed to Ulrich Ruffiner. In 1514, he built it at the same time as the ossuary. Incidentally, the year can also be read above the tower clock. The church and tower were completely restored in 1977-1980.
The Bodmer brothers from neighbouring Prismell built the present spacious parish church with its imposing porch in the years 1659-1664. Georg Michel Supersaxo donated the main portal. It is made of bluish giltstein, which was quarried from the "Massegga".