In 1675, the formerly wooden chamber axis in the west was replaced by stone and the wooden work was clad in walls. Nevertheless, the original wooden construction can still be seen in the building.
In 1973, the municipality of Naters acquired the entire building. The Junkerhaus achieved national importance in the European Year for the Preservation of Monuments and Cultural Heritage in 1975 and received federal and cantonal subsidies for its restoration in 1975 / 1976. The municipal administration moved into the building in the same year.