For decades, an Anglican pastor held services for the English guests in the chapel, which was also called the Temple by the locals. This was because Catholics were forbidden to celebrate mass in the same chapel at that time, which is why it was celebrated in the attic room of a nearby hut.
Due to the turmoil of the Second World War, tourism almost completely collapsed and Belalp was also affected. Due to the lack of English guests, there was also no demand for Anglican services. As a result, the bishop allowed the local faithful to use the chapel for Catholic services from 1941.